Delos Museum was built in 1904 by the Archaeological Society at Athens and originally consisted of the five western rooms. It was enlarged in 1931 and 1972 and in the same period, the exterior of the building underwent great, but unfortunate, alterations. The present exhibition is arranged in nine rooms. Six rooms contain the statues and reliefs found in Delos (one of the best collections in the world), two rooms contain pottery ranging from the prehistoric to the late Hellenistic period, and the last one contains various objects of everyday life, found in the private houses.
The museum includes the following collections:
Funerary statues and grave stelae ranging from the 7th to the 1st century B.C.
Pottery ranging from the 25th to the 1st century B.C.
Clay figurines dating from the 2nd-1st centuries B.C.
Jewellery and small objects dating from the 2nd-1st centuries B.C.
Mosaics of the 2nd-1st centuries B.C.
Free entrance: Students of University – Higher Education Institutes, Technological Educational Institutes, Military Schools or equivalent Schools of EU member states upon presentation of their ISIC card
Reduced ticket: Students of University – Higher Education Institutes, Technological Educational Institutes or equivalent Schools of countries from outside the EU, upon presentation of their ISIC card
DELOS, PC 846 00